Tuesday 7 September 2010

Life Is Such a Repetition

Seriously, here I am, on a major holiday, bothering my friends and brother on a respectful but still early hour in the morning. For what? Because I'm BORED out of my mind. They are ALL asleep. Well, my poor brother isn't anymore, but he has his girlfriend here, so I better stay on my side of the curb. 

Anyways. This all brings me back to 2 aspects of everybody's lives: 

Firstly: life is a cycle. 

It truly Is a repetition of patterns one is comfortable in following. Let me tell you how I came to this brilliant conclusion - One day you are very hyper and hanging out with friends, then a little melancholic, then you stay in, eat some ice cream, read a book. Then you just wanna party all night long again. Maybe I'm oversimplifying things with this moronic example, but you have maybe 3, 4 personas inside you that cohabit and live peacefully together, on cycles, just like when you plant corn and other plants that exploit too much of the earth. You HAVE to rotate the plants. You have to rotate the personas. The problem is, your life becomes a cycle of these people that, ultimately, are you. You don't move forward, you don't evolve. You keep going round and round. Sad, uh? You have to get out of this CILADA, my friend. Otherwise, you'll stay forever this young soul - not in the cute and innocent way - but in the infantile and immature way. And that's never attractive.

Secondly: Procrastination is the essence of one of my personas. The one that follows the obsessed one. Oops.

I know that I should be studying. I know that I HAVE to study. But he won't call me. So I won't study. I'll write, I'll work, I'll even take my dog on a walk. And later on engage on a crazy Jack Bauer Study Plan (you only have 24 hours!). Sometimes is not even out of spite. Sometimes is just because. Because I want to. Very volutarious this author, uh? But I never liked no-one telling me when to do things. So I do them, all right, but when I want to do them (or when I just can't avoid doing them anymore). Sad? Maybe a little. But I'm such a grown up, doing things on my own timing. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment